Contact Erin Mudie for more information
North Texas Cares Volunteer Opportunities Fall 2013
- -‐ Greets patients in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- -‐ Educate new patients about clinic services.
- -‐ Handles walk in donations and provide tax receipts.
- -‐ Provides appropriate paperwork for patients and ensures completed.
- -‐ Collects documentation for proof of residency.
- -‐ Compiles patient file to give to intake nurse.
- -‐ Balances records with cash collected and the end of shift and prepares deposit.
Medical Data Entry:
- -‐ Enters patient information.
- -‐ Enters doctor’s notes, prescriptions, prognosis, and diagnostics into patient record.
- -‐ Assists Spanish speaking patients with communication and provides patient education.
- -‐ Responsible for assessing vital signs, collecting health history, and documenting current symptoms for doctor’s review.
- -‐ Sterilizes area at the end of the shift and assists with waiting room sterilization if necessary.
- -‐ Assists with trash collection at the end of the night.
- -‐ Administers vaccinations, draws blood, assists the doctor, finalizes patient files.
- -‐ Ensures patient comfort and provides patient education.
- -‐ Sterilizes exam rooms after each patient visit.
Doctors, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners:
- -‐ Provides acute care to children and adults.
- -‐ Represents the NTX Cares Clinic at community events and helps to inform citizens about NTX Cares Services.
- -‐ Finds and writes appropriate grants for NTX Cares and NTX Cares programs.
- -‐ Assists with raising funds and promoting events such as the golf tournament and supply drives.